Saturday, October 4, 2008

The last of the farewell torture tour.


We were able to spend quite a bit of time with DJ and family while we were in Utah. On Sunday, Sept 28th we went to church with them. Afterwards we took a quick picture, hugged everyone and said the last goodbyes of this torture tour. I am quite sure that Kleenex stock is in good shape despite the current economy!
We know that we are blessed for sacrifices we make in service. Elder Fairhurst and I often comment on how little sacrifice we are making. We love living in this cherished family home. We love Colorado. We love our Mission President and his wife. But in the end, the real sacrifice we make is being separated from our family and friends. From Boise, to Forest Grove, to Spokane Valley, to Great Falls, to Orem and Billings... we have left that which we cherish most of all. When our Stake President set me apart as a missionary, he blessed me that the Lord would watch over my family. I trust that to be true. So, though we do miss you all... we feel very close to you as we serve our Savior's children here in CO. We love the phone calls and emails. The pictures and Blog posts. The updates on MyFamily.com. So keep them coming- and come see us when you can.





3 comments:

Lott said...

I'm glad your farewell tour is over. I certainly have been missing family lately, but it's comforting to know I'm where the Lord wants me to be.

Enjoy Conference & if there' s Deseret Book don't forget about Ladies Night.

Mike and Kelli said...

I LOVE that picture of DJ and Kindra and family. It is so cute! I'm glad your torture tour is over too. I can't wait to see more MTC pictures!

adorable pearsons said...

We miss you too! However, no matter where you and dad are your kids tend to hunt you down! So I wouldn't worry too much about being away...I am sure you still manage lots of phone calls, emails, updates, pictures, and visitors in the next few years! Thanks for cheering me up this morning. Love you!