Sunday, October 26, 2008

Home Sweet Home


What fun to live in this 100+ yr.old house. The glorious mountains near by. Beautiful colorful falling leaves outside. Fat squirrels stopping by to say hello. Touches of family are all around us. Grandma White's swing on the front porch. Aunt Dorothy's art and decorating style. Wooden pieces made by my Father. In my mind I can clearly see my Grandmother sitting by the window in the corner reading her book and glancing out at the neighborhood. Memories of holidays and vacations. Memories that bring such joy. We feel such a sense of connection to family members everyday. This little house is filled with warmth and comfort. The two pictures above show that we have added a few Fairhurst touches. We have already had several dinners here. Over the next couple years, much missionary work will take place here... in this comfortable warm family home.


4 comments:

Lott said...

The house looks so festive. I have a lot of wonderful memories tied to that house as well.

Keidi02 said...

where would we sleep?

Susan F. said...

The door next to the hanging quilt is the guest bedroom. There is a full bed and a twin bed. We also have a kids play room. I will post a picture when I have it done. We have a couch, a love seat and a "pack and play". So we have plenty of room. So come on down.

Mike and Kelli said...

The quilt looks gorgeous hanging on the wall. What a great addition! I can't wait to see it in person.